Wednesday, May 04, 2005

84 .. 82 ... what's the difference?

Hi team ...

Well, I arrived in London yesterday morning at 8:30am (it's 11:30am local time on Wed. here) after a pretty decent flight. Eager to get to Taper's place and crash I tubed in to the city and set off from the station by his flat to find his place.

Fast-forward 3/4 hour later, and I am still wandering around the back patio of 82 Aberdeen Park looking through flower pots searching for the key to his 'garden flat'.

Fast-forward 1/2 hour, and 3 broken payphones, 1 directory assisstence, 2 blisters, and 3 pounds later I am talking to the man himself at work. Apparently, contrary to his initial e-mail, it's 84 Aberdeen Park ... and I have been wandering around searching the flower pots of some random person's house for a half hour ... ah.

Anyways, around noon or so I finally managed to get in to his place - much relieved, and very tired.

We hit up a local pub for the champions league semi between Liverpool and Chelsea last night, which was fun times - and today I am off to buy new shoes that hopefully won't be as merciless with my tender feet ...

Oh, and I finally saw the Rosetta Stone at the British Museum after somehow missing their most famous artifact the last time I was there ...

cheers
Dane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home